2019 KQ 750 or 500 - how many miles/kms and hours do you have - Suzuki ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-09-2019, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
2019 KQ 750 or 500 - how many miles/kms and hours do you have

Hi all, I wanted to see how many Miles/kms and hours you guys have racked up on your 2019 machines so far and what issues or quirks you’ve experienced.

I think there is only 1 thread so far where owners are experiencing a clock reset issue (not keeping time).

My KQ has 2146kms (1333 miles) and 109hrs since I started riding it in May of this year .
No issues yet and still loving the ride.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 642886B3-B2C1-4FBE-B510-C41642507AF1.jpeg (918.4 KB, 4 views)

2019 King Quad Matte Black 750 EPS SE+
Matte Black Wrap
3000lb Warn Winch
Suzuki Front Bumper
Aluminium Front/Rear A-arm Guards
Kenda Bearclaw HTR Tires (26x9x12 front - 26x11x12 rear)

2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 vTwin 4x4i(sold)
Dynatech CDI
UNI Air Filter
ITP Mudlite tires 26x10x12 front and 26x12x12 rear
ITP 12” SS Aluminum Rims
2500lbs Warn Winch
9 inch 90watt CREE LED Light Bar
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-09-2019, 01:39 PM
Suzuki ATVer

11.5 hours, 135 miles. 2019 750 w/ps

I like the ride, I like the pull and the thump of the big single, I moved the bars forward a bit and loosened up the brake levers a bit, Comfortable ride. Seat reminds me of my 03 ltz400.
Stock tires so, they pretty much suck, will be replacing them soon. considering same size tires on all 4 corners.
front suspension is a bit mushy, hasn't bottomed so I give some of that to the stock tires, plan to click the front shocks up a notch to compensate. This is my first cv machine so learning to "float" the clutches is a bit of a learning curve,
Clock is screwy.
I fricken hate the intake knock noise and plan on adding some internal baffling to the air cleaner cover to try and knock that down, interested in any ideas some might have to deal with this.
Overall I like this bike and happy with the purchase.

Arizona
post #3 of 11 Old 10-09-2019, 05:04 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

What do you mean.. float the clutches? The wet clutch has to be fully engaged or you're going to wear it out really quickly.. they are expensive.. and about 4 hrs labour to change out.

Intake knock.. not sure what that is either..

I've got an 05 700.. had it since new... with 14000 km of hard riding and am on the original wet clutch and just changed the belt.. old was was still in spec but I got a crazy deal on a new OEM belt and am keeping the orig as a spare..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Zuuk likes this.

2005 King Quad
2006 Vinson (2 of them)

Last edited by kenora; 10-09-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 10-09-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
11.5 hours, 135 miles. 2019 750 w/ps

I like the ride, I like the pull and the thump of the big single, I moved the bars forward a bit and loosened up the brake levers a bit, Comfortable ride. Seat reminds me of my 03 ltz400.
Stock tires so, they pretty much suck, will be replacing them soon. considering same size tires on all 4 corners.
front suspension is a bit mushy, hasn't bottomed so I give some of that to the stock tires, plan to click the front shocks up a notch to compensate. This is my first cv machine so learning to "float" the clutches is a bit of a learning curve,
Clock is screwy.
I fricken hate the intake knock noise and plan on adding some internal baffling to the air cleaner cover to try and knock that down, interested in any ideas some might have to deal with this.
Overall I like this bike and happy with the purchase.
Thanks for your input Rotorhead!
Nice you made some personal adjustments, everyone should.
Yeah, the 2nd position factory preload setting on stock tires were way to mushy for my liking , I bottomed the front several times , I found the 4th position to be perfect at all 4 corners for me, the suspension overall is decent KYB brand . Since I blew out 1 rear tire about 3 weeks , I upgraded to HTRs and had to drop the preload back to 3 and I will try level 2 soon. The HTR tires are night and day over stock the atv IRS and ride is greatly improved.
Suzuki CVT, like Yamaha’s, is the best in the business , they are both constant belt pressure type unlike other OEMs pinch type(like my older BF 750).
Can’t say I hear much a knock, maybe a little but none at all when in motion.
you have a screwy clock eh, I would def take it back and have the dealer figure it out. I do not have this issue , from day 1 it’s maintained the time I set , even after 10days sitting.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-09-2019, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenora View Post
What do you mean.. float the clutches? The wet clutch has to be fully engaged or you're going to wear it out really quickly.. they are expensive.. and about 4 hrs labour to change out.

Intake knock.. not sure what that is either..

I've got an 05 700.. had it since new... with 14000 km of hard riding and am on the original wet clutch and just changed the belt.. old was was still in spec but I got a crazy deal on a new OEM belt and am keeping the orig as a spare..

That’s what I’m talkin bout Kenora! I‘m loving my KQ CVT. The throttle control with the constant tension is amazing. I’m looking forward to less maintenance on my KQ and the CVT system. I put a lot KMs/miles yearly. By the time I was done for the season, my old BF 750 CVT required adjustment of the ‘deflection’ and cleaning of the sheaves to keep her optimal. This is common in all pinch type CVT configurations. Most ppl either don’t do this or just don’t know (the dealer does &#128527.
kenora likes this.

Matte Black Wrap
3000lb Warn Winch
Suzuki Front Bumper

Dynatech CDI
UNI Air Filter
ITP 12” SS Aluminum Rims
2500lbs Warn Winch
post #6 of 11 Old 10-09-2019, 09:14 PM
Suzuki ATVer

Ya I won't be taking it back to the dealer for a screwy clock or maintenance. At twenty hours I will strip off the plastic and go at it with a torque wrench, fresh oil filter, replace gear oil in difs, tidy up a couple things. valve lash does not need to be checked yet.

Arizona
post #7 of 11 Old 10-10-2019, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
No? Why wouldn’t you take it back and use your warranty? Is the dealer far away? the KQ ain’t cheap and on a new machine I expect everything to work, even the clock and who knows what it could lead to later on when your warranty is done. I dunno, that’s just me I guess.
Yes, that’s another thing I love about the KQ, the design allows for easy DIY maintenance.
Speaking of which, I like how Suzuki carries 1 oil that can be used for the front diff and the rear wet brake diff. (ECSTAR Gear and Wet Brake oil) instead having to buy 2 separate oils.

Matte Black Wrap
3000lb Warn Winch
Suzuki Front Bumper

Dynatech CDI
UNI Air Filter
ITP 12” SS Aluminum Rims
2500lbs Warn Winch
post #8 of 11 Old 10-10-2019, 08:11 AM
Suzuki ATVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuuk View Post
No? Why wouldn’t you take it back and use your warranty?
I would take it back to the dealer for major issue or maybe a recall. For a non operational issue like a clock I will wait and see what the fix is.
I am interested in knowing what is under the plastic, then I will determine what spares I need to have. Fuel pump, ignition etc.

Arizona
post #9 of 11 Old 10-10-2019, 08:12 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

You shouldn't have to touch the valves for years.
At 1100 hrs and 14000 km my 05 KQ 700 have never been touched.. the Vinson's get a valve adjustment every other year or so..totally different valave systems though.

And yes unless it's a long drive take it back for warranty work.. it could bite you on the ass later if you dont.. just sayin...

2005 King Quad
2006 Vinson (2 of them)
post #10 of 11 Old 10-10-2019, 08:32 AM
Suzuki ATVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenora View Post
You shouldn't have to touch the valves for years.
At 1100 hrs and 14000 km my 05 KQ 700 have never been touched.. the Vinson's get a valve adjustment every other year or so..totally different valave systems though.

And yes unless it's a long drive take it back for warranty work.. it could bite you on the ass later if you dont.. just sayin...
Ya I don't have an 05' so I can't speak to it, just sayin...

Valve lash is an adjustment performed by a human, it can be not correct. At 1200 miles or 200 hours I will check valve lash as recommended by the owners manual maintenance schedule unless I start hearing tappet noise.

Arizona

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode