Clutching questions and snorkel questions - Suzuki ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-07-2018, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Suzuki ATVer

Garage
Clutching questions and snorkel questions

Hello I have a 2017 750axi KQ.

I have a 2" lift running 28x10x14 efx motoclaw (37.6lbs each) a EPI mudder clutch kit 3500lb winch.

So been hitting some rough trails here lately and actually clogged up my radiator and didnt realize it and was doing bout 35 then the light came on. Hit the brakes so hard she was sliding all over but shut it down and she was misting out the vent tube hopefully didnt hurt anything but looking Into a bundle I found with the SYA snorkel kit and big boar rad kit. Is it a good setup? Any one had any issues if ur running it?

Also as stated I have the EPI kit but was looking to some discussions on here and saw ppl talking about shim and maching the sheave now the was the first time in a year I got my speed up that high we usually ride in the woods around 10-20mph so i read that the shims help the belt slide down a little bit to give more pulling power and the sheave does the same but help save top end speed so I guess what I'm trying to ask is since we really dont go that fast will a good 1.5 shim work or sheave it and be done with it?

Also looking into a slip on muffler HMF blackout series anyone running that setup how it sound and will the programmer make a big difference with it also would like some more power.Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-12-2019, 07:53 AM
Suzuki ATVer

I did the 2mm shim and it gives it a noticeable amount of extra power in the mud... But I am also curious about the exhaust you stated and a programmer... I'm running a 2" lift with 28" mudder Inlaws... And since the shim kit it hasnt been stopped in the mud... But want extra power for sure Click the image to open in full size.

post #3 of 4 Old 04-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Suzuki ATVer

Shaggy, do u have a clutch kit with the shim? I have the epi mudder kit and was thinking about the shim and maybe the sheave also for more lower end. I just purchased the copperhead computer thing that's suppose to be great on these bikes! It Gives it a big noticeable power increase they claim. Waiting for it to arrive now. Anyone else have the copperhead installed? What's your thoughts if so?
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-12-2019, 01:16 PM
Suzuki ATVer

I just put in the shim... Wanted to see what that was like before doing the whole clutch kit.... There is a noticeable difference but I will be doing the clutch kit as well very soon...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in