Suzuki ATV Forum banner

Dealer first service

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  kenora 
#1 ·
Hi,

I just bought a new leftover 2017 500axi and was wondering if the first service by the dealer is worth it. I do all my own maintenance and repairs and coming from Arctic-Cat those really aren't bad. So far I really like the quality of this machine, engine doesn't have to rev as hard and it feels more nimble.

#2 ·
If I were you id just do it myself, its not very hard and it might save you a couple bucks, plus you know that the right stuff is going in your machine. I bought a left over 2016 750 AXI back in October and its all just been regular maintenance, except for having to adjust the valves soon

#3 ·
I'm the same way I would rather do it myself for peace of mind. In fact if I was to buy a new atv I would probably change out the engine oil and the diffs gear oil not long after I got it home, that's probably over kill, but I have read in the past of guys checking there diffs and hardly any gear oil come out, like the factory dude that filled it said that's good enough it's Friday man time to go home.

I just had a recall done on the front diff on my 2008 Arctic Cat 650 H1 TRV 4X4. The next day I checked the front diff gear oil, it looked like it was replaced with the right amount, but I changed it any way, that's just me it's a maintenance curse. :grin

Tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.