LT-A50 Clutch

This is a discussion on LT-A50 Clutch within the Suzuki QuadSport forums, part of the Suzuki Model Specific Discussions category; Hi I have a Qaudsport 50 for my son and the previous owner tried to pull this quad with another trying to start it after ...

Go Back   Suzuki ATV Forum > Suzuki Model Specific Discussions > Suzuki QuadSport

Suzuki QuadSport Discussions for the Quadsport 50,90,250,400

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
Suzuki ATVer

Member #6088
View HunterTIM's Photo Gallery()
LT-A50 Clutch

Hi I have a Qaudsport 50 for my son and the previous owner tried to pull this quad with another trying to start it after removing the restricter.The clutch was engauged so I took it apart and repaired the lever and spring on the pull rope but when I reasbled the clutch and tightened the nut it tightens up agianst the thrust washer and will not slip allowing me to pull start it.Should the crankshaft shoulder be flush with the bearing and what is the torque rating for the clutch nut ???? thanks for any help
HunterTIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:31 AM   #2
Suzuki ATV Junkie!

Member #5661
View oldeerslayer's Photo Gallery()
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry that I don't have an answer for you, but this might help.
Here's a $5 service manual, it should contain the answer to your question:
Suzuki LT-A50 service manual repair 2000-2005 LTA50 LT50 - Download Manuals & Technical

Over the last few months, I've noticed a number of problems with 50's that had the restrictor removed.
Causing me to think that it is not a good idea to do this unless you are a expert moto mechanic. Apparently it is not as simple as it sounds. Secondly, these are meant to be first ATV's for young children. Why is there a need for speed? I can see a potential problem occuring with some overzealous DA calling these modifications child endangerment and some helpless parent going bankrupt fighting it in court and giving the whole ATV sport a black eye. I should know, I own a gun. The media has lumped the nut cases in with the legitimate sportsman and wants to ban 'em all.
Remember what this sport went through with 3 wheelers?
All it takes is one nut teaching his kid to jump of the Bay Bridge with a modified kiddie quad and all of us nuts will be in trouble. Or paying $200-$400 a year to legally own one. I can hear them now "Ban high performance ATV's" because someone "tampered" with the "required" restrictor.
Sorry if I sound like I'm making a speech hear, but this crap is all through our society. 100 years ago if some redneck killed himself doing something stupid, the reaction was, he asked for it. Today they have to legislate a cure for stupidity.
I'm just saying, let's not give them the ammunition.
Comments welcome.

Last edited by oldeerslayer; 03-01-2013 at 04:54 AM.
oldeerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
Suzuki ATVer

Member #6088
Lt 50

Quote: Originally Posted by oldeerslayer View Post
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry that I don't have an answer for you, but this might help.
Here's a $5 service manual, it should contain the answer to your question:
Suzuki LT-A50 service manual repair 2000-2005 LTA50 LT50 - Download Manuals & Technical

Over the last few months, I've noticed a number of problems with 50's that had the restrictor removed.
Causing me to think that it is not a good idea to do this unless you are a expert moto mechanic. Apparently it is not as simple as it sounds. Secondly, these are meant to be first ATV's for young children. Why is there a need for speed? I can see a potential problem occuring with some overzealous DA calling these modifications child endangerment and some helpless parent going bankrupt fighting it in court and giving the whole ATV sport a black eye. I should know, I own a gun. The media has lumped the nut cases in with the legitimate sportsman and wants to ban 'em all.
Remember what this sport went through with 3 wheelers?
All it takes is one nut teaching his kid to jump of the Bay Bridge with a modified kiddie quad and all of us nuts will be in trouble. Or paying $200-$400 a year to legally own one. I can hear them now "Ban high performance ATV's" because someone "tampered" with the "required" restrictor.
Sorry if I sound like I'm making a speech hear, but this crap is all through our society. 100 years ago if some redneck killed himself doing something stupid, the reaction was, he asked for it. Today they have to legislate a cure for stupidity.
I'm just saying, let's not give them the ammunition.
Comments welcome.
Thanks for your help,I agree I have reinstalled the resrtictor and got the quad to start but the clutch nut backed off so i have taken it back apart.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
Suzuki ATVer

Member #6088
Thanks for your help, I agree I have reinstalled the restrictor and got the quad to start briefly but the clutch nut backed off so I have taken it back apart to try and figuree out why the clutch nut wont tighten up against the crankshaft shoulder.

Search tags for this page
clutch assembly for suzuki 50 atv

lt-a50 clutch adjustment

lt50 clutch adjustment

lta50

suzuki lt 50 top speed
suzuki lt a50 clutch
suzuki lt-a50 owners manual
suzuki lt50 clutch
suzuki lt50 clutch adjustment

suzuki lta50 service manual

suzuki quadsport 50 top speed

what is the torque specifiction for 03 suzuki lta50 quadsport clutch
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.