Suzuki ATV Forum banner

Quadrunner Please Help!!

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Tim 
#1 ·
This is my first time rebuilding a 4 wheeler and everything was going AWESOME until now haha i am not sure how to set the timing on my bike and it has a vacuum pump for fuel. its an 1989 LT-250 4x4 as far as i know, Any help you could offer me would be awesome i will get the Vin number off of it tomorrow. The bike turns over and chugs along but its not getting any fuel and i dont think the timing is set properly i set it to top dead center but maybe i did it wrong ? Thanks guys!

#3 ·
There are 2 TDC positions. One is the exhaust stroke with exhaust valve open. The other is both valves closed at top of compression stroke. This is the TDC you want. With the head cover off, the cams will be down and neutral. Head cover on, you should be able to feel the valve rocker arms are free and have a little movement meaning they are not contacting the valve stems and are not impeding full closure. If not they are adjusted too tight and will cause a valve to be open at TDC.

#7 ·
New fenders are pricey if you can find some available for your 4-wheeler. Used in good shape is very hard to come by. By the time someone decides their machine is ready to part out the plastic is virtually destroyed. Troll eBay.

What is wrong with yours? I've had good success welding fenders. Might be the better option for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.