ltz250 running problems!!!!!

This is a discussion on ltz250 running problems!!!!! within the Suzuki QuadSport forums, part of the Suzuki Model Specific Discussions category; Ok so here it is, When I bought the quad, the driveshaft splines were worn down, and the seller did not tell me, so they ...

Go Back   Suzuki ATV Forum > Suzuki Model Specific Discussions > Suzuki QuadSport

Suzuki QuadSport Discussions for the Quadsport 50,90,250,400

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
Suzuki ATVer

Member #3303
View baseballchamp's Photo Gallery()
ltz250 running problems!!!!!

Ok so here it is,
When I bought the quad, the driveshaft splines were worn down, and the seller did not tell me, so they day after I bought the quad, I went to go ride it one day when I came home from school, and it wouldn't go anywhere. So it took me a month to figure out what was wrong with it, and once I did I got a job, worked 5 days a week JUST so I can pay for the parts this thing needed. Once I ordered the parts and they came, I installed them. I was all excited and I went to go ride the quad & after a couple of minutes of riding it, it started mis-firing and bogging out, then at one point it wouldn't even go anywhere, it just would cut out. So i assumed it was just a little problem (carb, spark plug, ect) so I changed the spark plug, start it up, still doing the same thing. Then i took out and cleaned the carb, put it back in, started it, still doing the same thing. So I gave up at that point, after putting 3 months of everyday into this thing, I called havestraw motorsports and told them I was dropping it off there. I dropped it off there and they started asking me what THEY had to do. I told them that it was bogging out, & mis firing. I also told them that I cleaned the carb. So they went to work on it 3 days later, they did the brakes, cleaned the carb, and adjusted the brakes. They charged me 450 dollars for all of that. Keep in mind that I'm a 15 year old kid and that's a lot of money for me. So I took all of the money that I made from working non stop for 2 months, & payed the 450, and also had to pay someone 40 to bring it there in the beggining & pay them 30 to bring it back in the end, so all together that's 520$ just so I could get this thing finally finished. I was all excited when it got my house, I jumped on it and rode it easy for a little. As soon as it was running for 10 mins it started doing the SAME thing again! So what do you guys think I should do now? Take this quad and shove it up havestraw motorsports behind, or what?
I really need somebody to help me I'm very upset and disappointed that this happened after I put all of my hard earned money into it. Not to even mention that now I have no way of getting it back there, or picking it up
baseballchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Member #1049
View TUBBYTUBB's Photo Gallery() Send a message via Yahoo to TUBBYTUBB
I would call them and see what they say, most reputable shops will offer a warranty of some kind with there work. But don't wait too long because most of the time warranty's are time sensitive.

THOMAS

1997 King Quad 300 Still Alive and Kicking Just Giving It A Rest
As In Life: Always Try The Simplest Things First Then Move On to The Bigger Things To Fix The Problems In Front Of You - TUBBYTUBB
TUBBYTUBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
Suzuki ATVer

Member #3303
Thanks for answering tubbytub!
Turns out i went there today, & told them it's still not running.
They had a bad attitude about it, and they were blaming me.
But they winded up saying that they would take it back, & there going to pick it up, and drop it off when there done!
Anyways, I'm just wondering, i took the plug out to check it, and the plug is solid black, and the tip of the plug is white. Now i've heard of spark plugs being one single color, but not 2! It's not wet, it's just solid black, and the tip is white.
The quad keeps fouling plugs left and right, & i know i'm using the right plug.
I know the valve seals are bad, but do you think the valves themselfs are bad? or could it be the piston or rings? thanks!!
Old 07-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Member #1049
View TUBBYTUBB's Photo Gallery() Send a message via Yahoo to TUBBYTUBB
I would like to see a pic, but most of the time when the tip of the plug is white that means it is running lean. The reason the plug is 2 different colors is because the seals are bad and that is the black part, but with the increased heat from it running lean is is burning the oil and turning it white, I bet it is smoking when it does run. That is very bad if you run it like that for a long time because it can burn a hole in your piston, melt the valves or rings due to the increase heat. How many miles are on this quad? An old trick to see if you have a burnt valve is to take a dollar bill and while it is idling hold it in front of the exhaust if it try's to suck the dollar bill into the pipe there is a strong possibility that there is an issue with the valves. Just don't hold it in front of the exhaust for too long because it can burn it.

THOMAS

1997 King Quad 300 Still Alive and Kicking Just Giving It A Rest
As In Life: Always Try The Simplest Things First Then Move On to The Bigger Things To Fix The Problems In Front Of You - TUBBYTUBB
TUBBYTUBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
Suzuki ATVer

Member #3303
Ok I will try that. & on top of the head where the cam I think is, there is something leaking like oil or something, not a big leak, but you can notice it.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #6
Suzuki ATVer

Member #3303
The quad also has a lot of hours on it, but it always ran good when my friend had it, & when I had it. It just smokes a little at start up, that's it. I really can not figure out what the problem is here, i mean my mechanic does have the quad, and is working on it, but im just curious of what it is, I'm hoping its nothing expensive because I only have $100 to spend. What do you guys think* it sounds like? Thanks!

Search tags for this page
06 ltz 250 problems
06 ltz250 rings melted to piston
250 ltz suzuki quad burns oil
how to fix a suzuki quadsport z250

how to remove and clean carberator of ltz250 suzuki

ltz 250 problems

ltz250 burn oil
problems on a suzuki 250 quad
suzuki ltz 250 carb troubleshooting

suzuki ltz 250 carburetor problems

suzuki ltz 250 problems

suzuki ltz250 problems

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.