Dies when hot

This is a discussion on Dies when hot within the Suzuki KingQuad forums, part of the Suzuki Model Specific Discussions category; I've got a lightly used 2009 750 Kingquad completely stock with 300 miles on it, I only use it to haul my old self to ...

Go Back   Suzuki ATV Forum > Suzuki Model Specific Discussions > Suzuki KingQuad

Suzuki KingQuad Discussions for the KingQuad 400,450,750,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 04:58 AM   #1
Suzuki ATVer

Member #4830
View plsexton's Photo Gallery()
Dies when hot

I've got a lightly used 2009 750 Kingquad completely stock with 300 miles on it, I only use it to haul my old self to my hunting stands and some work around the hunting land. Last two times I've had it out while spraying with a 12volt sprayer it will run for about 45 minutes and starts to miss for about 5 seconds and then dies, it will not start until it cools down. I've checked the air filter, got new plugs to install. Anybody else have any problems like this. Any help is appreciated. Happy trails.
plsexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Member #514
View ajl719's Photo Gallery() Send a message via Yahoo to ajl719
Could possibly be a CDI issue. Once the CDI gets hot and may start acting up, then once it cools down again the bike starts and runs until the process is repeated all over again. You can always test to see if you have a solid spark after this happens by removing the spark plug and and re-inserting it into the boot, then ground the plug end to something metal like the frame etc and crank the bike over while look for a good solid spark. If there is none then your CDI is the most likely culprit. Note: Keep the plug grounded at all times while cranking the engine, failure to do so will result in a huge jolt. And welcome to the forum.
Kenda Bear Claws (Rear 25X10-12) - (Front 24X9-11)
Differential Lock Mod
12,000 + km/s
ajl719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Member #1049
View TUBBYTUBB's Photo Gallery() Send a message via Yahoo to TUBBYTUBB
Did you notice if the temp light comes on the display? I would check the fluid lever in the radiator to make sure it is at normal levels. One more thing you may want to slightly touch your coil when it dies on you to see if it is more than a little warm, it may be overheating and causing the problem as well. Post up some pics of it if not too much trouble I would love to see another 2009 like mine.
Welcome to the forum.

THOMAS

1997 King Quad 300 Still Alive and Kicking Just Giving It A Rest
As In Life: Always Try The Simplest Things First Then Move On to The Bigger Things To Fix The Problems In Front Of You - TUBBYTUBB
TUBBYTUBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Member #1049
I forgot to mention I would make sure that your radiator fins are not being blocked by any dirt or grass or anything to make sure that your fan if operating correctly and cooling the fluid down properly keeping it from overheating if that is the problem. One more additional thing where do you live? The reason I am asking because if the weather has been getting pretty warm did you put the stock CR6E plug in it or did you opt to go for the CR7E? I know we were getting up into the mid to upper 90's here and I noticed my fan coming on more often so I swapped my plug over to the CR7E and I haven't had any problems since.

THOMAS

As In Life: Always Try The Simplest Things First Then Move On to The Bigger Things To Fix The Problems In Front Of You - TUBBYTUBB
Old 06-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #5
ATV Enthusiast

Member #3796
View wrenchami's Photo Gallery()
And... Does the fan come on at some point?

2003 Vinson LT-A500F Automatic. UNI air filter, ventilated airbox, flow modified stock muffler, jetted carb, Bearclaw HTR 25-10-12R tires all around, LED backup lights, ProMark 3K lb. winch, compact air horn.
wrenchami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
Suzuki ATVer

Member #4830
View plsexton's Photo Gallery()
Thanks for all the replies. The fan does come on but I don't have any lights coming on, the radiator is clear and full. I live in Northeast Tennessee and the weather has been warm. TubbyTubb, I got the stock plug but will go get the ones you recommended to see that will help. Tubby your machine is sweet, I'm an ole man whose serious 4wheeling days are way behind him mine is bone stock!! Ajl719 that's a great ideal to check for a spark I'll do that. Again thanks for the replies and warm welcome.
plsexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Member #1049
Thanks I appreciate it, mine is my baby lol. Your stock one should be the CR6E, try to replace it with the CR7E and see if it helps.

THOMAS

Search tags for this page
2000 suzuki lt-a500f not starting after it gets hot issues
2006 suzuki king quad won't start till it cools off
2011 king quad 500 stalling
atv starts to miss when hot

king quad 750 overheating

my 2009 suzuki king quad 750 will only start if i keep spraying starting fluid

my atv dies when it gets hot

my susuky x90 when it gets warm starts acting up

suzuki atv quad runner warms up and stalls wont start till it cools

suzuki king quad 400 wont start when hot

suzuki king quad wont start when its hot

what happens when cdi get hot
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.