99 King Quad not recognizing neutral?

This is a discussion on 99 King Quad not recognizing neutral? within the Suzuki KingQuad forums, part of the Suzuki Model Specific Discussions category; ok well the problem is back!! lol i guess thats what i get for not fixing it the right way the first time, now im ...

Go Back   Suzuki ATV Forum > Suzuki Model Specific Discussions > Suzuki KingQuad

Suzuki KingQuad Discussions for the KingQuad 400,450,750,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #11
Suzuki ATVer

Member #1771
View quikz28's Photo Gallery()
ok well the problem is back!! lol

i guess thats what i get for not fixing it the right way the first time, now im 99% positive its the switch, i took it out. no corrosion and the ball goes in an out just fine. soo i take out a test light and check to confirm its the switch. i check the two prong plug coming from the key switch and there is power on both connectors. there is power after the plug as well. so its not the connector. when i took the neutral safety switch out when everything was plugged in and i compressed the ball at the end of the switch the Reverse light came on, and when i released it nothing came on.

so im assuming that when the ball is decompressed it is in neutral and the light should come on. am i correct in this assumption? if this is the case the switch is done

02 Honda Cr250
quikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Member #1049
View TUBBYTUBB's Photo Gallery() Send a message via Yahoo to TUBBYTUBB
Take it out of reverse and put it in neutral, then retest it just like you did and see if the neutral light comes on.

THOMAS

1997 King Quad 300 Still Alive and Kicking Just Giving It A Rest
As In Life: Always Try The Simplest Things First Then Move On to The Bigger Things To Fix The Problems In Front Of You - TUBBYTUBB
TUBBYTUBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #13
Suzuki ATVer

Member #1771
nope light still is off. the only thing that made the Neutral light come on, very dull, was when i put the grounded test light probe into the right side (neutral side) of the double plug coming from the key. only then did it come on, but i think it was just shorting it out, but would not start cause the 2 prong plug was not plugged in i think

02 Honda Cr250
Old 07-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #14
Super Moderator

Member #1049
I'm not telling you to run and order a new switch but I am leaning toward that is what your problem is. Not my money so final decision is up to you.

THOMAS

As In Life: Always Try The Simplest Things First Then Move On to The Bigger Things To Fix The Problems In Front Of You - TUBBYTUBB
Old 07-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #15
Suzuki ATVer

Member #1771
well truthfully i should of replaced it a long time ago, cause this is the exact thing that happened a few months ago, and it kinda fixed itself lol

well at least ill know if i replace the sensor and it still doesnt work then i gotta start looking for something else

02 Honda Cr250
Old 07-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #16
Super Moderator

Member #1049
Ahh OK I just didn't want you thinking I was trying to make you buy something you didn't need and then be mad at me for it.

THOMAS

Old 08-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #17
Suzuki ATVer

Member #1771
ok so heres a little update, i ordered what i thought was the neutral saftey switch and i believe the place i ordered it from either ordered the wrong part or something got mixed up.

so right now im back at square 1.

so i need your help
the piece that i am almost positive is the problem is underneath the air box, screwed into the crankcase with 3 - 4 wires coming out. it is item # 25 here. labled stopper cam. when i recived the part, the lower half was correct but all it was, was a plug it did not have any wires coming out of it. so im kinda getting confused. Item # 50 looks like the exact same thing but its called SWITCH ASSY, REVERSE and its 40 dollars more.

i think that item number 50 is the correct piece thats why the atv is unable to recognize reverse.
what do you guys think. im really getting lost now
Click the image to open in full size.

but when i ordered that part,

02 Honda Cr250
Old 02-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #18
Suzuki ATVer

Member #4363
View zimmermc's Photo Gallery()
Wink Exact same trouble Quadrunner 250 Fixed

2000 Suzuki Quadrunner 250 4X4 model LT-F250F Neutral light not coming on or flickering after shifting to reverse then back. I, after much time on the internet and no solid ideas, decided to put my mechanical skills to work. I found that when I shifted into neutral with the (foot) gear shifter I did not have any problem at all. It was only after shifting into reverse and than back to neutral. Sometimes the light wouldn't come on. If I jiggled the reverse lever real fast I could get the neutral light to come on sometimes. I was able to shake down (wiggle wires) under the seat on the right side and get the light to flicker/come on. For the following, (Refer to previous posters diagram for item numbers) So I traced the 3 wires back under the air box. I removed airbox, and found the wires going to switch #53c - reverse switch. Upon a closer look, the switch assy was badly dry rotted and cracked. With the key in the on position, I could push on this switch housing and get the neutral light to come on (solid). This was my trouble - reverse switch 53C badly cracked and damaged from heat and age, exposed to water and loose due to being broken. There are 2 switches that work together to give you the neutral light. It requires the gear shifter lever to be shifted to N which causes the switch #50 (the gear shift neutral switch) which is directly below the reverse switch to get a ground. Plus the reverse handle must be in the forward (normal) position to close switch #53c (reverse switch) and give the full path to ground for the neutral light. Break either one of these, and wala,,,, you will lose the neutral light. In the case of moving the reverse lever to reverse, it opens the neutral light path to ground and provides a ground for the reverse light. This is why you lose the neutral light and get a rev light when you shift into reverse. So, either switch can cause this problem. you can troubleshoot by disconnecting wire coming from Switch #50 at the quick disconnect under seat on right rail (quick plug in type- single wire)and ground it with a jumper somewhere to engine or frame. With the key on of course, if the light comes on, you have a bad neutral safety switch #50. If not your problem is most likely the reverse switch #53C which goes to the 3 wire plug on the right side. Bear in mind if neither of these don't fix the problem there is still the light itself, neutral relay, and the wiring that is in the circuit. Hope this helps anyone else that runs into this problem. Cause I sure know I couldn't find the help I needed.
zimmermc is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
2000 suzuki king quad 300 no neatral green light
97 suzuki kingquad 300 4x4 neutral switch
99kingquadwiringdig.

bypass neutral switch suzuki quad

how to neutral a 300 suzuki king quad
how to unhook nuteral safety switch on 97 kingquad
kingquad 300 neutral light wont
location of neutral switch on suzuki king quad
suzuki king quad 300 neutral safety switch

suzuki king quad neutral switch

suzuki king quad nuetral safety switch 1997

where is the neutral safety switch on a suzuki king quad
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.