Bad fly wheel. on Eiger models.

This is a discussion on Bad fly wheel. on Eiger models. within the Repair and Maintenance forums, part of the Suzuki ATV Technical Discussions category; Hello I have a question. I am new to this forum, so excuse me if I ask a question already been discussed. Has many people ...

Go Back   Suzuki ATV Forum > Suzuki ATV Technical Discussions > Repair and Maintenance

Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
New around here!

Member #519
View goat103070's Photo Gallery()
Bad fly wheel. on Eiger models.

Hello
I have a question. I am new to this forum, so excuse me if I ask a question already been discussed. Has many people had problems with the Magneto/Fly wheel malfunctioning? This problem seems to be mostly on the LTA400 Eigers.
I got a 2005 eiger. I bought new, it has been taken very good care of.
Two weeks ago it just died and would not start back. I took it to my local dealer. I got a call this week. I have 267 miles on this ATV. and Now I got to spend 1375.00 to get it fixed. The Flywheel magnet fell off and the shop broke the crank trying to remove the flywheel.
goat103070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
New around here!

Member #631
View clffrdfdge's Photo Gallery()
Wow, this doesn't sound good. I may have the same problem with my 2004 Eiger 400 only has 600 miles on it. I've checked everything I can think of. One day I started it up was sitting there warming up the engine it died and wouldn't start up again. I get know spark but I do get some power to the coil but nothing out to the plug and the coil checks out to be okay...? Sorry for your problems.
clffrdfdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
New around here!

Member #665
View evanse's Photo Gallery()
yes from what i have read at other forums that is a common thing my father has a 2005 eiger with like 1500 mile on it and nobody took as good of care of a 4 wheeler than him and the magets come unglued we talked to the mechanic where he bought it and they say yes it is a problem i also found out that arctic cat is using suzuki engines and they are replacing there for free but suzuki wont even talk to me about it we ordered the new magneto the other day it is a updated one and it was 450.00 dollars it needed the stator two but it was ungodly high so we are going to use the old one and yes clffrdfdge that is your problem also the coil pickup is on the magneto same as this one done lost its spark i am not going to risk bending the crank with a puller we are going to take a dremal and split that thing where the keyway is in it we hope anyway
evanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:29 AM   #4
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #627
View elmerkit's Photo Gallery()
This is interesting, does this mean is a defective fly wheel? If so the manufacture should repair it for free.
elmerkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
New around here!

Member #665
View evanse's Photo Gallery()
yup thats what i am saying but you will never get suzuki to admit that i dont know how much whinning a person would have to do but they should fix them the magneto is 450.00 the stator is 350 and the tool to pull the magneto is 300.00 they did do a update on the magneto the magnets are not glued in any more they put a meal band in to hold them so they knew there was a problem there if i was rich i could outlawyer them and maybe get them to pay for it but with what money a person would spend you could just about buy suzuki but thats just my thoughts on it evans
evanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
New around here!

Member #631
View clffrdfdge's Photo Gallery()
Thanks evanse, I will look into this. Not sure if I want to tackle this myself. Looks like a big job taking the whole side of the engine off to check this. I know if I take it in it will cost me some big bucks the parts a lone are ridiculously high.
clffrdfdge is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
2005 suzuki eiger 400 flywheel
arctic cat 400 flywheel repair
how to change a magneto on a suzuki 400

how to check a suzuki 4 wheeler magneto power

how to remove flywheel suzuki eiger

how to replace a flywheel stator on a suzuki atv 400

how to test a stator on a suzuki eiger
remove side cover on suzuki eiger gears washers

suzuki eiger 400 flywheel puller

suzuki eiger 400 flywheel removal

suzuki eiger flywheel removal

what year suzzuki 4 wheeler had recall for fly wheel

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.