Suzuki King Quad 300 - Suzuki ATV Forum
Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-01-2010, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Suzuki ATVer

Suzuki King Quad 300

Hello everyone,
I am having a problem out of my KQ300. So I went out to start it and it fired right up. Shortly after that 1 to 2 minutes it started smoking somewhere under the Tack/handlebar. I noticed what I think was a Rectifier was getting to hot and was melting the paint behind the frame. It was still running and I didnt want to tear up or start a fire so I turned it off. As soon as I started to turn it off it shut off by itself and wouldn't restart. I noticed a blow fuse so I replaced it and it started back up and ran normal until the rectifier overheated and the fuse melted and it shut down again. Where should I start in repairing this jewel. Thanks in advance for any help!
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-02-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Suzuki ATVer

Anyone have an idea why a rectifier would overheat?
post #3 of 3 Old 06-05-2010, 09:36 PM
ATV Enthusiast

I hate to say this, but sometimes they just go bad. I don't know why i would happen, but it sounds like you just need to replace it and of course check your wire harness for bare wires. It's a pretty rare case.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode