Suzuki eiger 400 heeeeeeeeelp

This is a discussion on Suzuki eiger 400 heeeeeeeeelp within the Repair and Maintenance forums, part of the Suzuki ATV Technical Discussions category; I recently traded for a Suzuki Eiger 400 4x4 auto. It will not crank, I removed the spark plug to check spark and am getting ...

Go Back   Suzuki ATV Forum > Suzuki ATV Technical Discussions > Repair and Maintenance

Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
New around here!

Member #358
View garywayne2u's Photo Gallery()

I recently traded for a Suzuki Eiger 400 4x4 auto. It will not crank, I removed the spark plug to check spark and am getting good fire, I removed the drain screw from the fuel bowl and the fuel runs freely??????? ANY IDEAS? The guy I got it from says he was having this problem so he rebuilt and cleaned the carb recently and it seemed to have no change.
garywayne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
New around here!

Member #317
View D.loops's Photo Gallery() Send a message via ICQ to D.loops

Thanks for the information, I cleaned the caliper of all the brake dust and will not use any of the anti squeal stuff.

Ride Safe
D.loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
New around here!

Member #402
View Suzukirider2012's Photo Gallery()
did u check to see if u had compression?? And maybe someone turned your idler screw to low?
Suzukirider2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:18 PM   #4
New around here!

Member #423
View zoomboy70's Photo Gallery()
Ok, first, check all hoses from your air box, make sure there secure and air tight. Second, are the jets, especially the idle jet, clear?, it happens, why? I don't know, it happended to me. Your mixture screw is sealed on an eiger, if not, a problem, check it 2 1/4 turns out from soft bottom( which means turn it clockwise until it seats,not too much just until you feel resistance, then turn counterclockwise 2 1/4 turns, depending on altitude, this will give you a starting point) if still capped of, leave it alone, not your problem. Now, competely replace all fuel in the system, with good unleaded fuel fresh from the gas station, in a clean or new gas can, no exeptions! If still no result, check valve timing and valve clearance, very important, people overlook the obvious. Next step is the choke cable, fuel filter, and vent lines. I know this sound like alot but it's not. Buy a service manual! Start with these and let me know where you are. Compression could be it, it was with mine, but it still ran. You have to eleminate the other options that I listed. Check compression, if bad, well get ready to replace the top end, do it yourself if able, around $800 if done properley, NO SHORTCUTS!!! You've got a great bike that will last for a long time, don't short change yourself with shortcut!!!!
zoomboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:33 AM   #5
Banned

Member #324
View Adellineeks's Photo Gallery() Send a message via ICQ to Adellineeks

The part # for the Suzuki shop manual for the LTR450 is 99500-44061-03E. You guys that dont have one & want to work on your own bikes, BUY ONE Ray.
Adellineeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
Suzuki ATVer

Member #2128
View riverrunner's Photo Gallery()
Regarding service manual for eiger 400 ,I have suzuki vzr1800 street bike and am on a forum for that bike,a member there posted a service manual you could down load free, does anyone here have that capability?
riverrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #7
Suzuki ATVer

Member #3731
View glennboy66's Photo Gallery()
Suzuki quad eiger

you seem to know a fair bit about eiger any idea on how to fix starter motor that does not engage. Is the suzuki eiger the same motor as a drz 400 as I have a starter motor and parts anyone know as I thing the gear that engages the starter is stuffed. also can you get new plastics for this bike at reasonable price? Any help appreciated as sick of pull starting bike

Quote: Originally Posted by zoomboy70 View Post
Ok, first, check all hoses from your air box, make sure there secure and air tight. Second, are the jets, especially the idle jet, clear?, it happens, why? I don't know, it happended to me. Your mixture screw is sealed on an eiger, if not, a problem, check it 2 1/4 turns out from soft bottom( which means turn it clockwise until it seats,not too much just until you feel resistance, then turn counterclockwise 2 1/4 turns, depending on altitude, this will give you a starting point) if still capped of, leave it alone, not your problem. Now, competely replace all fuel in the system, with good unleaded fuel fresh from the gas station, in a clean or new gas can, no exeptions! If still no result, check valve timing and valve clearance, very important, people overlook the obvious. Next step is the choke cable, fuel filter, and vent lines. I know this sound like alot but it's not. Buy a service manual! Start with these and let me know where you are. Compression could be it, it was with mine, but it still ran. You have to eleminate the other options that I listed. Check compression, if bad, well get ready to replace the top end, do it yourself if able, around $800 if done properley, NO SHORTCUTS!!! You've got a great bike that will last for a long time, don't short change yourself with shortcut!!!!
glennboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Member #1478
View zukifreak's Photo Gallery()
Is the starter turning,if so your starter clutch may be bad,on the plastics about 600.00 bucks through the dealer is about the best you can do.

Search tags for this page
02 eiger idle problem
2003 Suzuki Eiger 400 valve clearance
2005 suzuki eiger 400 wont start
2005 suzuki eiger any good
free suzuki eiger 400 service manual
setting timing on suzuki eiger 400
suzuki eiger 400 valve adjustment
suzuki eiger 400 wont start

suzuki eiger forum

suzuki eiger forums

what fuel setting should suzuki eiger be on
what is the valve clearance on a 2002 suzuki eiger 400
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.