02 Eiger Drive Belt

This is a discussion on 02 Eiger Drive Belt within the Repair and Maintenance forums, part of the Suzuki ATV Technical Discussions category; First, I'm a mechanical novice, so please bear with my ignorance, I'm trying. 02 Eiger LTA400 - 4wd Auto 400 Picked it up on the ...

Go Back   Suzuki ATV Forum > Suzuki ATV Technical Discussions > Repair and Maintenance

Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
Suzuki ATVer

Member #3244
View bkpatt's Photo Gallery()
Post 02 Eiger Drive Belt

First, I'm a mechanical novice, so please bear with my ignorance, I'm trying.

02 Eiger LTA400 - 4wd Auto 400

Picked it up on the cheap due to assumed broken drive belt (motors starts, goes nowhere). Also has to be pull-started, seems starter is shot (or wiring is).

Pulled the cover off for the drive belt and definitely toast. Thing is he said he replaced not long ago, so suspicious of why it would break so quickly. He thought he had the wrong part, but looking at the part packaging, looks right to me (Dayco HP2027 - admittedly not highest quality belt, but still). I'm not an expert, but the primary and secondary do not seem to be lined up correctly? Any clues on this? Trying to upload pics to show...

Broken Belt

Alignment

Help please!

Brian
bkpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Member #514
View ajl719's Photo Gallery() Send a message via Yahoo to ajl719
Hey, welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard. As for your no start issue with your starter you may have a dead battery or a shot starter. I would check the voltage of your battery using a volt meter, and with the volt meter check the voltage of the battery when the bike is off and another with the bike running. With the bike off you should get a reading of about 12.2 to 12.4 volts. With the bike running you should see a reading of about 13.6 to 13.8 volts. If you are not getting a 13.6 to 13.8 volts your regulator or your rectifier may not be working, in that case your battery isn't receiving a charge. On the other hand, if that all checks out you may have a starter problem. But first i would check and clean all your connections starting from your battery working your way to the starter and solenoid and see if that helps.

As for your clutch problem I'm not to sure how to help you there. So hopefully someone else on this forum will be able to give you hand figuring this out.
Kenda Bear Claws (Rear 25X10-12) - (Front 24X9-11)
Differential Lock Mod
12,000 + km/s

Last edited by ajl719; 07-16-2011 at 08:42 PM.
ajl719 is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

02 suzuki eiger 400 broke drive belt now wont shift

03 eiger 400 belt slip issues
2002 suzuki quad runner eiger 400 drive belt
2002 suzuki quad runner eiger 400 how to change drive belt

belt replacement 400 eiger

can a eiger 400 run on 24 voilts

how to change eiger drive belt

quad runner with broken drive belt\
replace drive belt suzuki atv

suzuki 2004 eiger 400 drive belt

suzuki eiger drive belt slipping

where to find the regulator on a suzuki eiger
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.