Suzuki Quadrunner 250 4x4 carb problems?

This is a discussion on Suzuki Quadrunner 250 4x4 carb problems? within the Repair and Maintenance forums, part of the Suzuki ATV Technical Discussions category; Hey, I have a 1997 Suzuki Quadrunner 250 4x4. I just got it this past january, it sat for nearly 6 years without being run ...

Go Back   Suzuki ATV Forum > Suzuki ATV Technical Discussions > Repair and Maintenance

Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
Suzuki ATVer

Member #2808
View 83customdeluxe's Photo Gallery()
Suzuki Quadrunner 250 4x4 carb problems?

Hey,

I have a 1997 Suzuki Quadrunner 250 4x4. I just got it this past january, it sat for nearly 6 years without being run due to carb problems. When I got it I thought that it just needed cleaning, but when I took the carb apart to get to the float chamber I noticed a lot of old gas had built up around the jets and froze the float. So I took some carb and choke cleaner and cleaned it as best as I could and got it to rev up some but it died.

After that I had found that the fuel adjuster was broke, so I ordered another one thinking that would fix it, but when I screwed it in it kept doing the same thing, I couldn't even rev it up that time or keep it at idle. Thats when I thought it might be a bad fuel pump. But when I took it apart everything looked fine, so I put it back together and noticed a vacuum hose going to the carb. So I thought that it might be dry rotted, but it was good. so then I took the plastic off to try and trace back the hoses and found one hose coming from the carb but at the other end of it just has a plastic 'T'. So I just assumed it might be another vacuum hose so I left it alone.

I heard someone say that they were having the same problems I am having of not idling or revving up and their problem was a bad voltage regulator. So I took mine off and took it up to a mechanic to see if I could get it tested. But when I told them what was happening they said it was carb problems. So they told me that either the rubber diapraighm in the carb had a hole or the jets were bad. So I bought some stuff to soak it in and soaked it for a couple of days, it got rid of all the old gas in the carb and cleaned it up real good, but when I put it back together and tried to start, nothing happened. I can't even hear the motor turning over anymore and sounded better before I cleaned it.

If anybody has any suggestions or ideas please let me know. I'm starting to beat my head against the wall trying to figure it out.

Thanks,

Joseph
83customdeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
250 suzuki quadrunner troubleshooting
carb kit for suzuki quadrunner 250
how to adjust carb float on a suzuki 250 quad

suzuki 250 quadrunner carb problems

suzuki 250 quadrunner carburetor
suzuki atv carburetor adjustment

suzuki quadrunner 250 carb settings

suzuki quadrunner 250 carburetor

suzuki quadrunner 250 carburetor adjustment

suzuki quadrunner 250 carburetor diagram

suzuki quadrunner carburetor
suzuzi quad runner 4x4 250cc carb.adjustment
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.