a little confused

This is a discussion on a little confused within the Repair and Maintenance forums, part of the Suzuki ATV Technical Discussions category; well im new here, and i just picked up a ltf250y from a friend of mine. the bike sat outside without being run for about ...

Go Back   Suzuki ATV Forum > Suzuki ATV Technical Discussions > Repair and Maintenance

Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
Suzuki ATVer

Member #2678
View got nitro's Photo Gallery()
a little confused

well im new here, and i just picked up a ltf250y from a friend of mine. the bike sat outside without being run for about 5 years, i got it here then unlocked the motor. but my question is about the oil, i want to change it but im confused about how much it takes. some places say it takes 3.8quarts. is that how much it should have? also is the engine oil, the transmission and rear differential all the same sump? or is the motor sump seperate from the rest of the drivetrain? like is that 3.8 quarts for the engine trans and rear end? i hope im making it clear enough.
got nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Member #1049
View TUBBYTUBB's Photo Gallery() Send a message via Yahoo to TUBBYTUBB
On the side of the case , I cannot remember which side sorry but I think it is the side with the sight glass, there should be a stamp that has the fluid capacity in ML, 946.35 is 1 quart so if yours says 3500ML then it will hold 3.6984 quarts. I hope that helps out.

THOMAS

1997 King Quad 300 Still Alive and Kicking Just Giving It A Rest
As In Life: Always Try The Simplest Things First Then Move On to The Bigger Things To Fix The Problems In Front Of You - TUBBYTUBB
TUBBYTUBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Member #514
View ajl719's Photo Gallery() Send a message via Yahoo to ajl719
When doing oil changes i always use the sight glass method. I find it easier and there is no chance of overfilling or underfilling. When doing it this way first level the atv as much as possible. Once level, drain your oil and replace the oil filter. Once all your oil has drained and your filter has been replaced, re-insert the drain plug and fill your atv with the appropriate oil. (Usually 10W40 Motorcycle Oil) Fill it until it is in between the lines on the sight glass then re-insert your fill plug and start the atv and let it run about 2 -3 minutes to let the oil circulate properly through the filter. After your 2-3 minutes are up turn the atv off and top off the the oil until it is back in between the lines on the sight glass and your done. Just another way of doing an oil change without having to figured out the exact amount you need.
Kenda Bear Claws (Rear 25X10-12) - (Front 24X9-11)
Differential Lock Mod
13,000 + km/s
ajl719 is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
1987 suzuki 3500 ml
3500 ml engine
3500ml in cc
susuki king quad 3500ml
suzuki 3500 atv

suzuki 3500 ml

suzuki 3500 ml atv troubleshooting
suzuki 3500 ml engine
suzuki 3500 ml king quad

suzuki 3500ml

suzuki atv 3500ml
suzuki with 3500 on engine
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.