Suzuki ATV Forum banner

Fuse blows

16K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  axman 
#1 ·
Just picked up a 2001 Quadrunner 250 with 1800 miles. Just installed a new battery but by mistake installed it backwards. After correcting the problem and replacing the5 amp fuse it seemed to work just fine, but now it, blows fuses will running or when shut off. Like I said it is new to me so the reverse battery polarity my not problem it my be something from before. I got it. Any thoughts ware to begin. Also wear can I get a service manual for this model
Thanks for any help

#2 ·
Try cleaning all the electrical connections, including any ground wires first then go from there. And welcome to the forum.

#4 ·
The fuse box is located under the front rack along with your battery. You'll need to remove 4 Philips screws to gain access to the compartment. Two of the screws are on top of the panel towards the back, and the other two are located on the front of the panel under where the headlights are. Once you remove these screws the panel should slide out toward the front of the bike.

#5 ·
Thanks, for the info. Been change fuses so I have the this area. Try to get an idea why it blowing the main fuse had a 5 amp fuse and I have been replace it with the same 5 amp. Is 5 amp the correct size fuse main fuse, only found to fuse and other seems to go to the 12 outlet on the front rack.
So my question are
What size fuse should be use in the main?
could I have damage anything by reversing polarity on the battery? If so What?
Thanks

#6 ·
I would think It would be a 20a for the main fuse......I believe that's what is in my 2001 KQ

#7 ·
Main fuse: 20a
Output Terminal Fuse: 15a

This is based off information from my owners manual. And it would be the same for LT-F300F King Quad and the LT-F250F Quadrunner, through the years of '99 to '04.

#12 ·
Well, I finally out out ice fishing with the quad runner and no blown fuses! Thanks guys!
I am having a problem with with the neutral start switch, that why I'd like manual. So times I can't start it be course it does not see the neutral start switch. Not sure of it location, and need to know how to adjust if it can be adjusted. It " SEEMS" like if roll it a head it will finally see it then I can start it up. Any thoughts

#13 ·
I believe the neutral safety switch is located on the right hand side of the crankcase. But I'll have to double check.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.