Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1998 king quad. model/vin tag

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ajl719 
#1 ·
I purchased a 1998 king quad from a guy that I work with. I need a reverse switch but cannot find the tag on the frame to get the information that the parts house needs. The title has what appears to be a complete VIN but the model number is "ATL4X". the parts house said this is not a proper model number. WHere can I find this?

#2 · (Edited)
There should be two spots on your quad with an identification number. The first one should be stamped somewhere on the left side of the frame at the rear of your quad. The second one should be stamped somewhere on the left side of your crankcase. Which one is the Vin# or model# i'm not quite sure. Hope this helps.

Kenda Bear Claws
12,000 km/s

#4 ·
Just a note. I found my second location stamped on the the right side of the crankcase, not to the left like i posted earlier. My manual said it was on left side but i found it stamped on the right side after further examination. It may also be hard to see it is all crudded up from dirt/mud/oil etc.

12,000km/s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.